[pure-silver] Re: developing Royal Pan sheet film.

  • From: Bogdan <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 15:43:00 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for the info..... it's a start..,. figured D-76. This film was an expiry of 1994 so it probably had the higher ASA of 1250 since Tri_x was already in the market at 400 asa.

Surprised that the film wasn't in the list of discontinued films and papers that's posted on Digital Truth.

An aside, for those of you who use a cellphone running on the Android 2.2 OS, you can now easily download the mobile version, very complete, "The Massive Dev Chart". I have also found a 5 photo tool apps, give me a shout for the names. and the spirit level, a stop watch, measurement converter.

Cheers
Bogdan

On 4/1/2011 11:50 AM, Gerald Koch wrote:
Don't you just love the internet, you can get any data you want, bad and good. Take your pick. Royal Pan was the fastest film of its day with an ASA of 1250. I would suggest D-76 as a developer as the grain is quit large. My developing data is quite old so some else may be able to give you a time.
Jerry