[pure-silver] Re: curled fiber edges

  • From: Adrienne Moumin <photowonder2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:27:49 -0400

It's uncanny how different people in different geographical areas can be
thinking about the same thing at the same time...........(I always thought this
was a neat thing about the birth of photographic processes, too).

Normally, I heat up the dry mount presses to 275F; press between acid-free
matboards for 3 min; lift cover for 1 min; press again for 2 min.  Followed by
storage for 1-2 weeks between same matboards, w/heavy weights on top (I usually
use a bunch of boxes full of prints; live & die by the sword, or the print, or
whatever........)  That always does the trick for me.

Amazing thing is I just toned a bunch of prints last nite, following my usual
procedure.  Preparing to heat up the presses tonite, I empty the racks to
find...........nearly perfectly flat prints!  I have been feverishly working on
this portfolio for the past couple of weeks and have long passed the point of
exhaustion; so you can imagine my gratitude to the darkroom goddess or whatever
was the cause of this great gift.  This has NEVER happened before!

Praise be!  (said the atheist!)

Adrienne Moumin***************************************on the web at:
http://www.picturexhibit.comSaatchi Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/hw6r3Art DC: