[pure-silver] Re: curled fiber edges

  • From: "EJ Neilsen" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:17:07 -0500

The curl that one gets is not only from how you dry; yes face down on
screens after a squeegee has proven a good way for me. It also has to do
with the age of the paper, and the RH of your facility. Paper thickness,
type of process, toned, water type_ hard or softened, fixer used. At least
this has been my experience for 35+ years. The tightness of the screens can
also play a roll. But in all those years, the final step has been a dry
mount press to end the process.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street