[pure-silver] Re: Welcome to new Subscribers

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 07:38:52 -0500

On December 4, 2004 01:54 am, L M wrote:
> Hi Becky :)
>
> I'm from Ontario Canada. I taught myself the basics in developing and
> printing black and white about 19 years ago. Then lost touch with it in the
> bustle of life till I took an introductory photo course at the community
> college about 10 years later. Unfortunately the school abandoned teaching
> photography shortly after that. So, since then I have dabbled and just
> recently collected some very cheap, well used darkroom equipment and I'm
> starting again.
> Thanks for the welcome,
> ~Lisa

        Canada eh?

        List of good shops

        1) fotochem supplies basic chemicals. He's in Montreal so no PST.
Prices are
in US dollars.  Sells a few different colour process kits to. On Ebay he's
Surebet2

http://www.colba.net/~fotochem/

        2) Photo-co. Also in the Montreal area. Good prices on film.paper etc.
No
PST. Real cheap shipping. Their US outlet is now selling on Ebay. Something
like Chaimbrenoir. With the falling US dollar that can be a good deal.

http://www.photococan.com/catalog.htm

        3) Harry's in Toronto [Not Henry's] is a good trust worthy dealer.  If
nothing else his website includes various links.

http://www.harrysproshop.com/portal/portal.html

        4) KHB fixes enlargers,shutters,etc. IIRC they're the factory repair
shop for
Omega,Beseler and Devere in Canada. They also sell renovated enlargers,parts
and manuals. Their website provides quite a bit of info on Omega enlargers.
Much much more then the Omega site does.

http://www.khbphotografix.com/

        Nick