[pure-silver] Thiourea and Thiourea dioxide

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure silver <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:25:27 -0800 (PST)

I'm working from Tim Rudman's toning book and am playing with the FSA toner.
In it he lists thiourea dioxide to be used in the toning bath.  Now I have
thiourea that comes from TechChem down in Missouri and called them to see what
flavor of thiourea I have.  Bob called back and he found something odd in the
CAS listings.
TechChem's thiourea is CAS# 62-56-6
Thiourea dioxide has TWO CAS #'s which he says is "unheard of".
CAS# 4189-44-0 and CAS# 1758-73-2
Since Tim has been known to hang around these parts and others here may be more
familiar with the CAS catalog system, I'm wondering if these 3 compounds are
interchangeable or what?

Thanks

Eric