[pure-silver] Re: Thiourea and Thiourea dioxide

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 06:14:41 -0800 (PST)

I used the iodide version as I had the chemicals for that; I don't have
sulphuric for the other bleach.  Using the iodide bleach once you see the image
starting to lighten, it's pretty much time to pull the print as the toner
doesn't add density in my case and perhaps it was because I was using RC paper.
 Also the tip in Tim's book of re-bleaching (if I don't like the results of the
toner) and then putting back into a developer (assuming dektol etc was meant)
didn't work here either.
Of course looking at the chemical formula for TD vs my thiourea I see that they
look very different so thhat may explain a lot, but what that means chemically
have no idea.
Eric