[pure-silver] Hubert Grooteclaes

  • From: Don Sweet <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 09:56:17 +1300

The Belgian photographer Hubert Grooteclaes was well known a few years ago
for pictures like this
http://www.hubertgrooteclaes.com/fr/portfolio-10301-0-50-martinique.html
many of which you could buy as posters (for example the 1st one in the 5th
row of this set,  and the 4th one in the 3rd row of the Amerique set).

Almost everything I have found about him is written in French unfortunately.
Obviously he had a good eye, so to speak.  I think he used a "primitive"
lens, and he hand coloured some of his prints, but I wonder whether any
other technique contributing to the overall moodiness of his work can be
identified by any interested list members.

Don Sweet