[pure-silver] Re: Some good news concerning Ilford

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:17:17 -0500

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 03:44, Georges Giralt wrote:
> Hi !
> I do not think this is as good news as it seems.
> First, the plant was sold and is leased to the new Ilford Photo company.

        When they owned the plant they needed to earn enough money to justify
the
value of the land.  Companies close locations because they can sell the land.
Now the new land owners may raise the lease payment or they may force Ilford
out. Worse case they'll have to decide if moving is worth the effort. OTOH
before you could have seen the whole thing closed because the land was sold
for condos.

Nick