[pure-silver] Re: Pyro in a Jobo Processor

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:03:57 +0100

Sauerwald Mark a écrit :
> I have decided to try experimenting with Pyro, and I
> ordered the chemical kit from ArtCraft.  It has
> arrived, and I have read their directions, and now
> have questions...
>
> I process my sheet film in a Jobo CPE Plus, using the
> 2521 tank and a sheet film reel.  The tank takes 270ml
> of chemical, and the reel holds six sheets.  I use the
> Jobo Lift, but I don't think that it enters into
> this...  In the instructions for the pyro it indicates
> that the capacity of the developer is 300ml for four
> 4x5 sheets.
>
> Questions....
> Can I add 300ml to the tank (rather than the 270 ml
> reccomended), and process four sheets at a time?
>
> Can I mix up a more concentrated solution so that I
> have sufficient capacity for all six sheets?
>
> Any suggestions would be very much appreciated...
>
> Mark
Hi Mark !
I think, but you may check on Jobo usa site support , that a CPE can't
handle more than 500 cc chemistry without stressing too much the motor.
When I tried to use my Jobo for PMK, I mixed one liter PMK and used 500
cc for half time, and put the other half for the remainingg time.
this is because PMK oxydize rapidly in the foam producing rotation of
the jobo. This way you may be able to go for 6 sheet at a time.
Results where good, but I ceased using the jobo for B&W film as this is
too noisy and too much hassle.
Have a nice day !
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière