[pure-silver] Re: Pyro in a Jobo Processor

From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Pyro in a Jobo Processor
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:43:48 -0500

> The presence or absence of the EDTA seems to have no noticable
> effect on the rate of oxidation of sulfite in my hands.  My buffer
> happens to contain EDTA but I think it would perform as well without
> it (see below).

That's not a good test. Also, if you still use tris buffer, tris
buffer has some affinity to metal ions and has similar action to
potentate redox catalysis of iron. Phosphate is another bad choice.

For pH of 7.3-8.3 range I find triethanolamine to be a very good
buffering agent although it does not abolish iron catalysis in this pH
range.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."