[pure-silver] Re: Plenachrome film development

  • From: <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 08:57:28 -0700

Janet   You may not know what is on this film, it could be nothing, but it also could be a family heirloom.  Now it is a bit expensive, but to teach that the service and techniques are available you might want to think about Film Rescue.  www.filmrescue.com  On a student's budget it might be tight, but its only a single roll.  IF anyone can get anything off that roll of film, I would bet from their reputation its them.  Frankly you might be surprised.

I once had a roll of film when I first started more seriously in photography fall out of a pocket somewhere.  It rode around in boxes, stored in unairconditioned storage rooms in the south and un heated storage rooms in the north.  The roll of film showed up again 10 years later, which I processed then to find it was a roll I had taken on the first date with the now wife.