[pure-silver] Re: Plenachrome film development

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 10:12:02 +0100

Dear Janet,

I have successfully developed 60 year old film in Rodinal, 1+20 about
15-18 minutes IIRC. I figured that since the film is 60 yrs old and the
Rodinal recipe about 140 yrs. old, it should kind of fit...

Images came out quite well, but it was fairly grainy. But the folks I
did this for (they found Grandpas old camera in a drawer in the
attic...) There was some light leakage along the sides, where light
seeped into the camera. But there was no fogging otherwise.

YOu will have a devil of a time geting it onto the spool, those films
are wound tightly for a long time...however do not pre-rinse, lest the
emulsion comes off before the developer can do its trick.

Good luck!

Love
Snoopy

--
"Ceterum censeo, digitalem esse delendam"