[pure-silver] Re: Plenachrome film development

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 23:35:11 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "janet ness" <nessj@xxxxxxx>
To: "pure-silver" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 10:36 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Plenachrome film development

Thanks everyone for the advice. We developed the film in Xtol tonight and got a few fogged, somewhat fuzzy images. The student even printed a couple. We have no idea who the subjects are or where they were taken, but they were some family's snapshots. The film came from a Spartus Full-Vue, a reflex-style 120 box camera. It was exciting to get something printable, and not knowing who or what was on the film added to the fun.

Janet Ness

Xtol was a good choice, I should have thought of it. Fuzzy is probably the nature of pictures from that camera. I well remember the Spartus Press Flah, a box camera with a large flash reflector built-in. I thought those were hot stuff when I was about seven and drooled over them in a shop window. Later, a friend of my grandparents, let me handle a Rolleiflex. I was bit and stayed bitten.