[pure-silver] Re: Plenachrome film development

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 23:31:54 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "janet ness" <nessj@xxxxxxx>
To: "pure-silver" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 12:38 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Plenachrome film development

Thanks, Richard. If we try the Dektol 1:4, would it be a shorter or longer development time than the D76 or Xtol development? We probably don't have a red safelight available for development by inspection. What temperature do you consider low?

Janet Ness

Too late now since you have processed the film but I was thinking at about 50F and by inspection. I have no idea of the time but it would be a fairly fast developer even at low temperaturs. Greg Miller, who runs Film Rescue hinted around to me that he uses high contrast process developer at very low temperatures, perhaps 40F (that's a guess). He gets results so I have no question that he knows what he is doing. I didn't think of Xtol before but it was a good choice. The red safelight could have been a red party light in a brown paper bag.