[pure-silver] Re: Oh How I Miss This Paper

  • From: "Mike Kirwan" <mkirwan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 18:50:21 -0800

Portiga was a different paper, nice, but not the same as Record Rapid.

I still have some Portiga in my collection, has a different surface than RR.
If my memory serves me correctly, one of the reasons for the demise of these
papers was some of the chemicals in the emulsion, I believe that both RR and
Portriga had a Cadmium component; which was also in some of the famous and
long lamented Kodak papers :(

Mike