[pure-silver] Re: Oh How I Miss This Paper

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:45:13 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Kirwan" <mkirwan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:16 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Oh How I Miss This Paper

The Agfa papers were magic. My all time favorite was Record Rapid. I missed out on that paper when I moved from the UK to the US in the 80's. Record Rapid was readily available there, so I used to fill my suitcase with the
stuff. It toned beautifully in Selenium.

Brovira was wonderful, with great black and clean whites with great
contrast.

I still have a couple of boxes of Record Rapid and Brovira in my freezer, along with some other Agfa classics, like Agfapan 100 portrait, could only find that in Germany, matt film base, and Agfapan 25 in 4x5 sheets - maybe the time has come to use this stuff. I am sure the film will give results,
not sure about the papers.

Mike

Record Rapid was sold in the US as Portriga Rapid. AFAIK it was the identical paper.