[pure-silver] Re: Oh How I Miss This Paper

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 07:18:11 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Bob, this bears trying out on some smaller sizes first to get the hang
of
it.

This procedure takes me back to something I noticed some years ago while
printing a difficult neg onto Forte Warmtone.  One area I couldn't dodge enough
no matter because of multiple places I was manipulating, so I used some flavor
of Farmers. as I think there's more than one, to reduce an area that the client
wanted lighter.

After all was said and done, I noticed that the bleached area was noticeably
cooler than the unbleached area.  Is this a known effect of bleaching when
working w/warmtone papers or was it perhaps specific to the Forte paper I was
using?

Eric