[pure-silver] Re: Oh How I Miss This Paper

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 07:59:23 -0400

DEAR ERIC,

            My method is veeeeeeeeeeeeery scientific!  ;-))

I put 3 L water in a 16X20 tray and add 1 plastic teaspoon of Ferricyanide.
In the next tray I put 3 liters of Adam's "plain hypo" which actually has a
little sodium sulfite in it.  Using fixed, and plain water washed, wet
prints, I immerse one print for around 30 secs, drain for 10 secs (depending
on size) then immerse it in the hypo with agit.  I watch as the bleaching
takes place.  If it is enough I allow it to fix for 5 more mins and proceed
with rinse, toning, HCA etc.  If it is not cleared enough I wash the print
for 5 mins and repeat the process.  As more prints go through the
Ferricyanide bath you will need to extend the time in it to 45 secs and
more.  When it reaches a minute to get any decent bleaching, replace it and

I do not claim that this is proper procedure.I only state that it has worked
very well for me.

*****Remember to start with a dark, slightly less contrasty print as the
bleach will lighten everything up and slightly increase the contrast.

                        CHEERS!

                                    BOB

  _____