[pure-silver] Re: New old home, new lab questions

  • From: Howard Efner <hfefner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 12:52:21 -0600

On May 6, 2010, at 12:17 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:

Thanks Tim & Howard!

I will bounce this off my contractor guy as it all comes down to timing, unfortunately, with everything needing to be move in ready by the 17th-ish. It's a large area that once dry walled, plumbed, & floor sealed, could allow for the move in and then do the flooring and just move everything around to do so. If ceramic doesn't work out timing-wise, then the vinyl squares may have to do.

Eric,

One possibility - or maybe the best way to go - is to get the plumbing, electrical, dry wall etc. done and then do the move-in. Do not set major items such as the sink and benches. Then the tile work can be done in sections. Just start from the center of the room and work out. Do a dry lay-out first and adjust things so that you don't have a small cut at one edge. Snap chalk lines as guides. Tile or stick-um squares, you will want to do this first. Once the floor is finished, then it is time to set the sink and benches.

Howard