[pure-silver] Re: New b&w film - Rollei R3

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:08:39 -0700

At 06:20 AM 10/6/2004, Brian Reynolds wrote:

>In NYC the red light cameras have a very visible flash of light when
>they go off.  They are set up to only trigger when they sense a
>vehicle in the intersection while the light is red.  I've always
>assumed that the visible flash was sort of a "Aha! We got you!" notice
>to the drivers in the intersection.  I'm not even sure that the flash
>is for photographic purposes (i.e., I think that the camera itself may
>be IR based like everyone else uses).

This is true.

And they always seem to be set-up to photograph the front of a car. I don't
have a license plate on the front of my car - I don't run red lights - but
what good is it if there's no plate?

And I hear that many many traffic courts won't honor these things.

What a waste of good film...

Jim