[pure-silver] Re: New b&w film - Rollei R3

  • From: "Per Ohstrom" <ohstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:15:05 +0200

On Tue,  5 Oct 2004 18:11:06 +0200, Edward C. Zimmermann <edz@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> AGAIN.. Agfa does not stop making films. That's MILLIONS of EUROs wrong!

Great! I've seen this rumour so many times I assumed it was
correct. But I certainly hope you are right.

> I fear, more like, "some that are interested" in hyping the market with
> promises they can't deliver, trying to make a fast buck and ultimately
> working (despite perhaps intent) to sabatoge things to help drive that
> nail
> deeper into the current crisis.. If the whirlwinds of fractured
> information
> about R3 are not enough, there is the drive to import China's Lucky
> film..
> This is, of course, the same Maco/Cachet that provided loads of fun
> around
> the "Oriental Paper" brand a few years ago... so as in Fiddler on the
> Roof...
> There is, it seems, tradition..

Do I detect a disappointment with Maco? Do you think their
products are bad or is it the marketing of them you feel is
hyped?

I'm just curious since I have no experience with their films.
I think I remember some good reviews of the Maco 400c, but I
never tried it.

Does anyone else have experience of their films?

Per