[pure-silver] New b&w film - Rollei R3

  • From: Per Öhström <ohstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:08:34 +0200

Maybe this is old news to many of you, but I was so happy when I read about=
=20
the new b&w film from Maco/Rollei, the Rollei R3, that I have to share with=
=20
the list.

In these days, when Ilford is troubled and Agfa stops manufacturing 120=20
film, it is so good to see that some are interested in developing new=20
products for the b&w film market.

Some links about the new film:
The introduction letter can be read at:
http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3D8626&highlight=3Drollei+r3
Price info from Retrophotographic in UK:
http://www.retrophotographic.com/shop/33/34/
Technical info (only in German) from Maco:
http://www.mahn.net/TARollR3.pdf
photo.net thread:
http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=3D009NEL
News from Photokina from a Swedish photo shop. The 120 film rolls can be=20
seen in the wooden box (it's yours if you buy 68 rolls of 120 film or 61=20
rolls of 135 film) in the second picture from the top:
http://www.kameradoktorn.se/Nyheter/photokina_2004/photokina_2004.html

The film doesn't seem to be cheap, but if it is as good as it promises it=20
might be worth the dough. Even if it is mostly hype, I do applaude the=
 effort.

It would be very interesting to learn about experiences with this film as=20
soon as list members try it. I'll try and get a hold of some rolls as soon=
=20
as it is available in Sweden.

Per =D6hstr=F6m