[pure-silver] Re: Photokina 2004

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:00:01 -0400

On October 4, 2004 01:53 pm, DarkroomMagic wrote:

> Nikon introduced a new film-based camera the Nikon F6.
> Forget Kodak, Ilford or Agfa for film and paper. They are just not
> interested anymore. On the other hand, Kentmere, Foma, Bergger, Maco and
> Adox are getting stronger. Forte (Hungry) is gone, went bankrupt a few

        From the rumours going around Forte isn't bankrupt they're just short
of
working capital. Different rumour claims a US shop is buying Ilfords B&W
equipment and moving it to the US. Freestyle? Agfa has sold off it's
film/paper division. I walked into one local photo shop to look at  tripod
heads and noticed the darkroom stuff has been moved closer to the FRONT of
the store. No increase in space but still. The old darkroom shelf area is now
full of filters. Of course they couldn't provide any help on the tripod head.

        Nick