[pure-silver] Re: My first attempt at 4x5

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:00:00 +0200

Justin
Being well aware of the possible consequences, I briefly like to share my
experience with 4x5 enlargers. I have actually used (not just played with)
Omega (several models), Besseler 45 and Durst L1200. And, I have played (but
never printed) with DeVere and Zone VI.

In comparison (and my American friend will hopefully forgive for this), I
just cannot recommend Omega and Besseler enlargers. They work fine, and many
people have made perfect prints with them (I did), but they are not made as
well or as rigid as the Durst or DeVere.

These are just my opinions, and they may differ from others on the list.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht