[pure-silver] Re: My first attempt at 4x5

  • From: Dave Hornford <Dave.Hornford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:16:34 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

>At 01:20 PM 3/31/2005, Richard Knoppow wrote:
>

>>   I wonder what the parts situation is for Devere
>>enlargers. Old Dursts are impossible. The Devere is an
>>outstanding enlarger, if older ones are supportable I would
>>certainly recommend them. I am an Omega user. There are very
>>good enlargers and can be made more rigid by careful
>>mounting but they are not a match for a good commercial type
>>enlarger like the above.
>>---
>>Richard Knoppow
>>Los Angeles, CA, USA
>>dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>

>Parts, manuals, and everything DeVere can be obtained easily from:
>
>http://www.odyssey-sales.co.uk/products/browse.asp?manufacturer=29
>
>Jim

In North America you can also go through KHB see:
http://www.khbphotografix.com/devere/index.html
I had a problem with my Devere 507 - until I replaced the lamp sockets
it looked like the transformer. It was going to cost less to buy a
replacement on eBay than buy the part from either KHB or Odyssey. Both
KHB and Odyssey were helpful as I worked through the troubleshooting.

regards Dave
HornfordAssociates.com