[pure-silver] Re: Mamiya 6

  • From: john stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 08:23:33 +1000

No Justin, MF stands for Multi Format. You can get a 35mm adapter to give panoramic negatives. They are all manual focus.

The other shortcoming is that close focussing distance is too long for a tight head shot.

John
===========================
At 07:17 AM  27/01/2006, you wrote:
On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 08:14:01AM +1000, john stockdale wrote:

> "For lightness and compactness the Mamiya 6 is hard to beat in my limited
> experience (the one that Ryuji calls "new Mamiya 6" to distinguish from
> some much older folders). They have some potential service problems due to
> total absence of certain spare parts, and good ones have become very
> expensive recently. They are, however, a beautifully elegant 6x6 camera
> (but the MF version has a cluttered screen). I travel with the 50mm and
> 150mm lenses. It's not much bigger than a "professional" 35mm
> camera. It's hand holdable at surprisingly long shutter speeds, and very
> quiet (a plus for me).

You speak of a MF version. Is there a AF version?

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca