[pure-silver] Re: Mamiya 6

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:03:56 +0100

Justin

I had borrowed both (6 & 7), but in the end, I went for the Mamiya 6. The
lenses for both cameras are out of this world. I measured a 50% increase in
resolution in the Mamiya lenses over the Hasselblad lenses!!! I prefer the 6
over the 7 for several reasons. It¹s smaller (much smaller than the 7), it
makes a size negative that fits into neg files without compromises, and I
think it¹s better made than the 7 (IMHO). Used prices are still quite
reasonable if you compare to original retail. I¹m sure you¹ll be happy with
either one, though.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com