[projectaon] Re: The Magnamund Companion

  • From: <ch.honza@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 07:03:14 +0100

During the Darkdawn War, Lencians lost their northern territories (and their
capital - Gamir) to the Drakkarim (after MS 2591). Then the capital could be
Helmstorm - well protected city-port. After the demise of the Darklords and the
beginning of the crusades (MS 5070?), Vadera could become just the royal seat.
I think the map in the book 11 shows Magnamund approximately in MS 5060.

Jan

> Od: "Timothy Pederick" > Komu: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Datum: 09.02.2010 03:57
> Předmět: [projectaon] Re: The Magnamund Companion

On 9 February 2010 03:38, Timothy Pederick  wrote:

18: Capital: Helmstorm -> Capital: Vadera [Ditto "port of Helmstorm". I thought
I'd seen the name Helmstorm somewhere in the books, but I've just searched the text of all
currently published books and come up empty.]

I knew I'd seen it somewhere! It's only on maps, never in text; but it's on the
TMC map of Northern Magnamund and I'm not sure how I missed it. It was 11tpot's
map from which I remembered it, though.

In any case, the erratum stands. The text of books 15 through 18 makes it clear that Vadera is
"the principal city of Lencia"*, and apparently the seat of King Sarnac. That would seem
to make Vadera "the capital". Unless Sarnac merely holds court in Vadera from time to
time... including every time Lone Wolf comes near the country...

However, I do withdraw the suggestion to modify "port of Helmstorm".

* Yes, it says "principal city" rather than "capital", but for comparison, book 18 calls
Garthen "the principal city of Talestria".

--
Tim Pederick