[projectaon] Re: 25totw errata

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:50:31 +0100

On 26/04/2011 14:20, Sam Seaver wrote:
As a recent graduate of bacterial metabolism, I can tell you with
confidence that you should be saying 'these bacteria'.   A bacterium
is a single micro-organism which, of course, you can only distinguish
under a microscope.

Well, the text reads: "At once you recognize this bacteria to be Gnallia, a benign bacillus that is often used to prevent and cure infections of the blood. This raw bacteria is edible and rich in protein, and there is sufficient here for 5 Meals."

Are both occurrences of "bacteria" correctly used here? If so, let's leave as-is. Otherwise, which should we change to 'bacterium', or both? ;-)