Re: programming languages , environments and jaws

  • From: "inthaneelf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:17:28 -0800

another thing, and I ran head first into this one (luckily I'm an Aries, who's sign is the ram, so have the head for it) is in language development for jaws, I had a group of folks, who were willing to do any and all work to produce the files needed for two additional languages for jaws that it does not currently support, and all I got back from them was dead silence *sigh*

the folks were willing to do this for free too!

ah well,
inthane
. For Blind Programming assistance, Information, Useful Programs, and Links to Jamal Mazrui's Text tutorial packages and Applications, visit me at:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
. to be able to view a simple programming project in several programming languages, visit the Fruit basket demo site at:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:12:06 -0300
From: Marlon Brandão de Sousa <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Will,
Thanks for your explanations. Of corse I do understand all you said,
being a component producer and a somewhat experiensed programmer, but
you forgot to mention another aspect, which is the documentation.
If a jaws scripting function change its behavior or will return a
different data, it should be documented. For example, if the rand() C
function changed its behavior, let's say, the next version of rand()
will return onluy numbers between 1 and 5 from now on, it should be
documented.
As jaws scripting functions have relatively the same documentation
across its versions they in fact are expected to do exactly the
samething, sinse the first version they were implemented on.
Dennis gave me a good example of a change in how a script could behave
differently, but I don't know if this is documented. A developper need
to trust in the documentation available, if something changes it
should be documented.
Marlon

http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT

> > > __________
> > > View the list's information and change your settings at
> > > //www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind
> > >

> > --
> > When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows," people just
> > stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for
> > free."
> > Linus Torvalds
> >

> --
> When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows," people just
> stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for
> free."
> Linus Torvalds

free."
Linus Torvalds