Re: programming languages , environments and jaws

  • From: "Dennis Brown" <DennisTBrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 20:47:20 -0500

Hi,
Also if, internally, the functions handle processes differently. For instance, the function may be in anything above 6.2, but, internally, do something differently in 8.0 than it did in 6.2. For example, if ActiveItemChangedEvent and NewTextEvent are in all versions 6.2 and higher, and in 6.2 and 7.0, list view classes were handled by NewTextEvent's call to SayHighlightedText, but in 7.1 and higher, list views are handled by ActiveItemChangedEvent, and the no longer needed script code was taken out of SayHighlightedText, then compiling 8.0 scripts in 6.2 may indeed compile, but the functionality will be different because 6.2's ActiveItemChangedEvent doesn't have the internal code that tells it to process all list views. This is just an example, but many things change internally that have an impact on scripting. A huge example is the FocusChangedEventEx function added in 7.1. It determines if the control is a list, or menu, and if so, calls ActiveItemChangedEvent; otherwise, call FocusChangedEvent. This means the scripts now have a higher level event than FocusChangedEvent.
That fundamental change will effect any script set later than 7.0.
Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Dennis Brown
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>