Re: advice on Search Engine Optimization

  • From: Michael Taboada <ai5hf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 18:20:55 -0500

In addition, if you submitted a site to a search engine manually, but then
didn’t get quality backlinks to that site, then you probably wouldn’t be listed
very high in the search results, even though you may actually be listed there,
despite having no referral links. Also I should have said in my last message
that bad backlinks can hurt your site perhaps even more than good backlinks can
help it. For example if you have a link coming from some known spam site or
link farm (a page meant to do nothing but have links on it) then it will,
instead of increasing your pagerank, decrease it. So be warey of that.
Cheers,
-Michael.