Re: advice on Search Engine Optimization

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 07:21:52 -0400

If you don't want to mangle your domain name you can always use keywords to help drive people to your site when they search for certain terms.

On 9/5/2011 8:03 PM, Michael Taboada wrote:
I would say that since your site has to do with access for the blind to technology, access cop might bea a good name, although tech access cop may be an even better one. Since your blog is about tech, that may work. Putting blind somewhere in the name may help as well, as people looking for blind tech info will most likely have blind somewhere in their search results. As for why the main blog page comes up, that is probably because you have more backlinks to that particular page than anywhere else. If you looked in google webmaster tools or another backlink counting service, I’m sure you would find that your main page has the most backlinks.
Hth,
-Michael.