RE: advice on Search Engine Optimization

  • From: Katherine Moss <Katherine.Moss@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 13:58:01 +0000

Sure, but where do I put them?

From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jared Wright
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 7:22 AM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: advice on Search Engine Optimization

If you don't want to mangle your domain name you can always use keywords to
help drive people to your site when they search for certain terms.
On 9/5/2011 8:03 PM, Michael Taboada wrote:
I would say that since your site has to do with access for the blind to
technology, access cop might bea a good name, although tech access cop may be
an even better one. Since your blog is about tech, that may work. Putting blind
somewhere in the name may help as well, as people looking for blind tech info
will most likely have blind somewhere in their search results. As for why the
main blog page comes up, that is probably because you have more backlinks to
that particular page than anywhere else. If you looked in google webmaster
tools or another backlink counting service, I’m sure you would find that your
main page has the most backlinks.
Hth,
-Michael.