Re: accessibility calls, but some questions from the mods of the forum in which they are being made

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:48:50 -0400

it only means that some of there custom controls wouldn't look so pretty behind the scenes, and may make some above board look a bit different. But as far as making the code easier to break for malware? not at all. Some coders out there think of the standard code as plane Jane code or boring code. The more complicated they make the cooler they think others think of them. Kind of like a guru of code or something like that. Sure using basic code here and there ain't pretty under the hood, but it still works just as fine and is easy to read when need too.

At 10:23 PM 8/28/2010, you wrote:
Hey folks,
I am currently discussing the topic of accessibility with the moderators of the Bleeping Computer forum. I made the coment that I don't find MalwareBites anti-Malware as accessible as it could be and suggesting that they talk to the developers about it and ask them to possibly think about making the controls more standardized. One particular mod had the question of whether using standard windows controls versus custom ones would cause the staff at MBAM to have to do extra work to protect the program from malware. Does using windows controls equal a malware attack vector? I'm currently learning to program in C#, and the book I'm reading says nothing about that. Some input, explanation? Many thanks,

Katherine

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5405 (20100828) __________

Tim
trouble