Re: accessibility calls, but some questions from the mods of the forum in which they are being made

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 05:38:41 -0400

Purely as conjecture, I'd wager that common controls would have fewer security
problems as they would have had tons more testing than anything custom. I think
most of the virus protection companies code to some sort of visual aesthetic
and aren't thinking about accessibility at all.

It isn't hard to make entirely custom controls follow standard accessibility
guidelines and work well with screen readers but, no matter how many complaints
they get, they still ignore us. When I last used Windows regularly, I used
NOD32 and it was very accessible.

cdh