Re: accessibility calls, but some questions from the mods of the forum in which they are being made

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 22:38:09 -0400

The only thing that I can think of is that they * may * be trying to protect
their application by using non-standard UI controls that are more difficult to
automate (also more difficult to use with a screen-reader).  This is security
through obfuscation.

This is what online gambling sites do, so that players cannot write
applications to automate the UI and play tables automatically.

HTH,

Everett Zufelt
http://zufelt.ca

Follow me on Twitter