Re: Ubuntu Hardee losing speech

  • From: "Fred Rains" <fred58@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 01:12:45 -0400

Hi Daniel,

Voxin bundles together IBM ViaVoice along with some speech drivers, Emacspeak and more. It makes installation of this software easy for those of us who are new to Linux. I think it even gives the option to install Speak Up, but I don't think it patches the kernel. I could be wrong about that though. I am new to Linux, so I can't speak about it with much confidence. Anyway, I only used it to install ViaVoice and I am thinking about installing Emacspeak. Voxin is very cheap, less than six dollars.

I didn't know I could use ViaVoice with Speak Up without using Speech Dispatcher. If that is the case, where can I download your kernel?

Thanks,

Fred

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Dalton" <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>