Re: Ubuntu Hardee losing speech

  • From: Georgina Joyce <gena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 17:37:35 +0100

Hi

Ideas about what exactly?  Burning a CD getting orca to talk etc....

If you can download and burn a fresh iso successfully try pressing alt +
F2 with is the run dialog.  Type orca and press enter.  But I've already
written this here, so I'm surprised that you didn't try it.

What are your problems with sourceforge?  Yes it's a pain but I can get
file from it using IE, FF and lynx.  I guess the best advice is to use
the ability to jump to tables and use the jump to content links.  Once
you find your nearest mirror, you could use that to traverse the
directory structure via ftp to gain the packages you require.  But this
usually takes longer than using http. Try using the find feature for
keywords like the package name or latest version.

There's plenty of people to help if your willing to help yourself.

Gena

Gena

http://www.ready2golinux.com

M0EBP