Re: SSH and PUTTY Accessibility

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:28:01 -0400

Good afternoon,

I use ssh for windows every day.  It can be found on sourceforge and is free.
I have no problems using it with JAWS 11 or NVDA, sometimes one seems to work a
bit better than the other, depending on the task I am trying to complete.

I also use ssh on OS X with the free VoiceOver screen-reader, which works
relatively well, but can be a bit quirky at times.  And, there is always ssh on
linux with either speakup or the Orca screen-reader for the gnome desktop, all
of which is completely free.

HTH,
Everett Zufelt
http://zufelt.ca