RE: Is there a program that will help you create Sapi5 voices?

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 17:09:58 -0700

There are actually multiple programs to help you create voices.  The problem
is they all either cost money or lock you into a certain engine.  For
example Tts builder which is free from what I see locks you into using
Festival rather than SAPI 5.  Voice Forge locks you into Cepstral because
the data files it makes is for that engine.  Nuance voice development tools
creates voices for both SAPI and Real Speak but it costs money.  You will
have to pretty much go to the individual companies to get their tools and
they don't just give them out free.  Its not an easy task to really build
the perfect voice so they kind of have a squeeze hold on the market.  I
think even Liquendo has a tool set but I don't know its name.

Ken

  _____