RE: Is there a program that will help you create Sapi5 voices?

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 23:29:41 -0700

Well don't believe that you can only have one voice active just because that
is the only way it has been implemented in Narrirator and in the control
panel.  I have had multiple active with no problems.  Espeak has its
problems because well its a free speech program and while I think its great
someone is working on one they obviously don't have all the skill behind the
project.

As to your question to Eloquence it uses its own proprietary interface like
RealSpeak.  They both have a SAPI 5 interface but when ever you can use a
speech engines proprietary interface you will have more control over the
speech.  For example SAPI 5 really has no true control over the voices
pitch.  You can set it dynamically but if you want to set and leave it one
way you can't really do that.  while Realspeak, Cepstral, Neospeak,
Lequendo, AT&T, and Eloquence do have ways to set the pitch.

I don't know of any books on just speech unless your talking more theory
maybe they are out there I just haven't looked.  There are rappers out there
to make using SAPI easier if you search but it really depends on what you
want to do and what your willing to pay.

Ken

  _____