[phoenixdiy] Re: Is the group dead?

  • From: "Michael Elliott" <opporknockitytunes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:16:54 -0700

> Any one in this group interested in magnets and magnetic materials?

I am, in that I have a number of things I'd love to do with them that
may or may not be possible, relating to my bike stuff.
--magnetic shock absorbers and/or dampers
--conversion of cieling fan motor to a usable brushless dc motor
--latches, sensors, etc for bits of the project

Unfortunatley the only way I know to find out if they'll work as I
expect is to build stuff with them and see what happens; I don't have
the magnets to do that with though, and no money to acquire them, for
the foreseeable future.

So it'd be interesting to see what presentation you do on the subject,
especially if you do Q&A on ideas like this.

Michael Elliott
Cybernetic Necromancers, Discorporated
Phoenix, AZ
E-Bicycle Conversion Blog: http://electricle.blogspot.com
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. --Thomas Edison
You've received this message via Phoenix DIY:
http://sternlab.org/phoenixdiy
phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you're a maker, hacker, or crafter in the Phoenix metro area, join us for
our monthly meetings!

To unsubscribe or edit your subscription settings, please visit:
//www.freelists.org/list/phoenixdiy