[phoenixdiy] Re: Is the group dead?

  • From: "tho x. bui" <blahx3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:34:41 -0700

That's interesting that you mention the "pho" demo:
http://thoxbui.com/pho/slides/IMG_0133.html
The owners of the book store/cafe that I presented that pho demo maybe interested in hosting us. They're a lovely couple and very into community activities. They may welcome us (especially if some of us is willing to try to repay the support by buying a cup of coffee or tea or something). I'll check with them. Location is Warner and Dobson in Chandler.

Thanks for expressing interest, y'all. It'll be fun for me, I haven't done this in a while; and I'm looking forward to meeting y'all in person. I'll bring some free magnets as door prizes. How many people usually come to these meetings?

TB

tho x. bui
blahx3@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://thoxbui.com

On Sep 24, 2008, at 8:52 PM, Chris Coleman wrote:

I'd be interested.
I saw a demo in a physics class of a magnet and an identical non- magnetic steel rod being dropped, seperately, through a 2 foot long piece of heavy wall copper tube held vertically. As expected, the steel ball fell right through to the floor in a second or less. The magnet... nope!. It took 30 seconds to make the drop. One of the most fascinating demonstrations of science I've ever seen.

BTW, thanks for posting pho cooking instructions. Love the stuff. Also, something tells me that folks in this group might be interested in your solar collector ideas as well.
Chris