[phoenixdiy] Re: Is the group dead?

  • From: "Becky Stern" <becky.stern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 17:19:37 -0700

The last place we met was the North Tempe Community Center, and it was
totally free. I just had to reserve a classroom by bringing them a
form that's available at their website. I have a projector now, so we
don't need to necessarily rely just on Bill Mar to bring his. For
those of you that didn't make it to that meeting, their facilities are
really nice (tables, chairs, whiteboard, electricity, projection
screen, sink) and they were really welcoming and friendly. The
facility as a whole seems under-utilized.

http://www.tempe.gov/northtempe/

As for bike parking at Conspire, we would probably have the meeting
outside, where there is an outlet and we'd all be there so the bike
wouldn't get stolen. At the North Tempe Community Center there're bike
racks, but no outlets.

Becky

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 10:55 AM, John Kittelsrud <johnkit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Magnets? You bet! Conspire is a nice place, so if we are voting about it...
> -John
>
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Michael Elliott
> <opporknockitytunes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>     This is Lisa from Conspire(the little place downtown that you have met
>>> at before). You are welcome to meet at Conspire.
>>
>> Does Conspire have bike parking?  Meaning, is there a place to lock a
>> bicycle up securely where it can be seen from the meeting area,
>> preferably a well-lit spot, with an electrical outlet nearby I could
>> plug into to recharge the batteries for my trip home?
>>

>> --
>> --
>> Michael Elliott
>> Cybernetic Necromancers, Discorporated
>> Phoenix, AZ
>> E-Bicycle Conversion Blog:  http://electricle.blogspot.com
>> To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. --Thomas Edison
>> <<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>
>> You've received this message via Phoenix DIY:
>> http://sternlab.org/phoenixdiy
>> phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> If you're a maker, hacker, or crafter in the Phoenix metro area, join us for
>> our monthly meetings!
>>
>> To unsubscribe or edit your subscription settings, please visit:
>> //www.freelists.org/list/phoenixdiy
>> <<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>
>>

> --
> ================
> www.teamdroid.com
> http://www.photonster.com/
> www.flickr.com/photos/teamdroid
> You've received this message via Phoenix DIY:
> http://sternlab.org/phoenixdiy
> phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> If you're a maker, hacker, or crafter in the Phoenix metro area, join us for
> our monthly meetings!
>
> To unsubscribe or edit your subscription settings, please visit:
> //www.freelists.org/list/phoenixdiy