[phoenixdiy] Re: Is the group dead?

  • From: "Bobby Metz" <bwmetz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 20:40:14 -0700

3 things

+ Ditto on all the magnets comments.  I'd especially love to hear anyone that
has experience building homemade alternators/generators for use with small wind
turbines or other projects.

+ As for presentations, are we going to stick with the two presentation model,
one big & one small?  Or just stick with one for now?  I will offer to present
my "homebrew photography ball head" that I offered for a July meeting but it's
not complicated enough to command main billing :-)

+ Another location suggestion.  The last meeting place in Tempe was really nice
and I think it was free.  Becky set it up so not sure about that.

North Tempe Community Center
1555 N. Bridalwreath St. (near Scottsdale Road just north of 202)
google map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=+1555+North+Bridalwreath+Street&sll=33.37824,-111.926632&sspn=0.00689,0.014323&ie=UTF8&ll=33.448147,-111.922081&spn=0.006884,0.014323&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr
website: http://tempe.gov/northtempe/

They don't have projectors to loan though, unless you're still into
transparencies, and as a community center it's not as "refreshing" as say a pub
or restaurant.  On a more general note, the location options should probably be
collected and sent out in one poll so that we don't overlook any.

Bobby