[phoenixdiy] Re: Is the group dead?

  • From: "Michael Elliott" <opporknockitytunes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:18:59 -0700

> The owners of the book store/cafe that I presented that pho demo maybe
> interested in hosting us.  They're a lovely couple and very into community
> activities.  They may welcome us (especially if some of us is willing to try
> to repay the support by buying a cup of coffee or tea or something).  I'll
> check with them.  Location is Warner and Dobson in Chandler.

Mmm..  Wish there could be a more central location, like there was
earlier this year (don't remember the name, but it was somewhere
downtown).   I can only go so far by bicycle (as I am slow and the
bike's batteries are old), and still be able to get back in time and
shape to work the next day (assuming I have to, which is likely).  I
just don't know anywhere to suggest that I could help with setting up
reservations/etc.   Either that or a rideshare of some kind.

> Thanks for expressing interest, y'all.  It'll be fun for me, I haven't done
> this in a while; and I'm looking forward to meeting y'all in person.

That's part of why I'd like to "join" the group for meetings.  :-)  If
all I wanted was information, I could just browse the web at my
convenience and find out most of what I'm interested in--it's the
social part of it that I would like to do more of.  ;-)

Michael Elliott
Cybernetic Necromancers, Discorporated
Phoenix, AZ
E-Bicycle Conversion Blog:  http://electricle.blogspot.com
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. --Thomas Edison
You've received this message via Phoenix DIY:
http://sternlab.org/phoenixdiy
phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you're a maker, hacker, or crafter in the Phoenix metro area, join us for
our monthly meetings!

To unsubscribe or edit your subscription settings, please visit:
//www.freelists.org/list/phoenixdiy