Re: [PCWorks] larger print

  • From: Phill Argus <phillarg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 08:04:30 +1100

Ann Parker wrote:
> Hi, I'm sure one of you can answer my question.  About a week ago, overnight
> I became blind in one eye!  I have been diagnosed as having CRVO (Center
> Retina
> Vein Occlusion).  I am seeing two eye doctors and both have told me to wait
> about four weeks before making any decision as to what to do.
>
> As an 81-year-old former English teacher, my favorite thing to do is read
> things on the internet.  I seldom feel like going out of the house, so I
> really am missing the things I am used to reading each day on the internet.
> Now this is my question:
>
> Is there a way I can made any print that I download larger right on the page
> that it downloads to?  Right now I am trying to do it by holding a
> magnifying glass to it. I know I can highlight it, copy, paste it to notepad
> and then highlight again and set the print higher.  But is there a simple
> way without going through all those steps.

Thanks in advance. Ann Parker

> =========================

G'day Ann
Sorry to hear of your eye problem, when you have such an interest it
must be truly worrying.

I can't speak about M$ IE as it is years since I used it, however
Firefox has a native hot key <Ctrl> - <(Numeric Keypad) +> which
enlarges text in a displayed page.  Unfortunately not all pages react in
the same way.  (the Hunger Site
<http://www.thehungersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=1> is a
prime example)
Hope this is some help.

Phill
(End of Spring here in South Gippsland Au, sailing is well under way and
WE HAVE HAD SOME RAIN!!!!!!)