-=PCTechTalk=- Re: website

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:08:53 -0400

Troth,

I am looking at File Manager on Cox, my personal webspace.  They have five
files on there, two look like folders  vti cnf, vti pvt, and vti txt.  The
other two have little flag icons, dont know what they are, they say
.htaccess, and index.htm.  Those are the five file names.  The column just
before that says Select and has white circles that you can select and put a
dot in.  Then it has column for Type (of file I guess), and Size and Last
Modified.

At the bottom are options on a tool bar , copy, rename, move, add folder,
upload, and delete.  I take it that I must upload my files to this file
manager.  But must I use an FTP to do this or is it built into this file
manager.  At school, I recall we could upload to our filebox but needed an
FTP when uploading severla files like a folder we kept for all of our
website files.  I recall something like the main file had to be named index.

cristy