-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help going online

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 17:49:04 -0400

Ok, that's odd.  Have you tried another ethernet cable yet?

The cable box doesn't care what's connected to it as long as that device can
recognize and use an ethernet based internet connection.  The info you're
getting back from the cable box implies that it may have a router-like
device inside it (connected locally), but it's not recognizing the computer
as internet-abled.  If a new cable doesn't help, hopefully someone else will
come up with an idea or three you can try.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php